Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Random Entry

Since my last days in Colombia are being spent hanging around Bogota, I don't have any big new adventures to share on this blog. That doesn't mean that I don't have anything else to post, however! I have lots of random pictures that I've been wanting to add here...

We can start with today. Julian, Edith, Milton and I spent the day walking around, and I invited them to lunch to say thanks for being such an unbelievably fantastic family to me during my (all too brief) stay. We decided to go to a Peruvian restaurant called "Nazca," where everything is actually imported from Peru. The food was wonderful- their specialty is seafood, and the fish/shellfish/etc. were flavored with all kinds of yummy sauces (lime, avocado...). We dressed up, as it is a fine restaurant, and we had a wonderful time. Mostly I'm just posting the pictures below because it was such a happy outing and I really enjoy seeing all of us smiling ear to ear.



The boys (why so serious?)



The girls















Edith's dish: very typical of the Peruvian food offered at the restaurant. Rich rice seasoned with soy sauce and mixed with onions and peppers, shrimp with a delicate lime coating, fish, squid...and maybe something else?



Seeing those pictures reminded me that I wanted to share with you photos of two Colombian apartments: Edith's and Dario's. Both are beautiful, and it is interesting to see how apartments/houses look in different countries, no? First, here are some pictures of Edith's (you can see a bit of it in the pictures above, too). It is very elaborate and beautifully decorated:


The living room: what you see when you first walk in


The front door is to the right, behind that yellow column. Down the hall that you see there is the computer area, guest bathroom and both bedrooms.



The hallway with lights!



The wall to the left of the entrance, when you first walk in



The view to the left of the entrance: a dining room, and the kitchen. Note the pretty ceramic floors! They don't show up well in the picture, but they really complement the rooms.

I don't have any pictures of what the bedrooms are like, but both are quite lovely and each has its own bathroom.

Dario's apartment is of a totally different- but equally nice- style:


The front door is in the corner of this picture; it opens into the corner of the dining room, and you can see the living room (with its big picture-window) to the right of the door


The dining area. Below, the hallway down to the bathroom/bedrooms- the dining room is on your right when you stand at the end of the hall



And to round out the randomness of this entry:


This fruit is called Granadilla: it is one of the first Colombian fruits that I was introduced to here. It looks like an orange, but on the inside has watery fruit and large seeds that you eat along with the fruit-pulp.


Ok, that's enough randomness for the moment. Hopefully I will have time to post pictures of tomorrow's party before I take off on Saturday.
Un beso y un abrazo...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to wish you a safe trip back to the States tomorrow. It looks like you had a great time visiting, but I look forward to seeing you soon :o)